lundi 21 mars 2011

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should always show their strong emotions (such as excitement , anger, or joy) Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Someone has asked me, when you are angry, happy and sad, should you always show your emotions? I remember I said no. I said this because in this way, everybody should not know why your not happy and what other things have happened to you.

I’ll never forget an old lady. She lives in a small house alone. It’s said that her husband and her son died in a traffic accident. How terrible her life should be! However, the old lady often helps others with a smile. Whenever it snows, she is always the first to clean the paths. She looks after several children living nearby. I am one of them. I often remember the stories she told us and her kind of smile. Perhaps she is unlucky, but I think she is a happy person. Her life is full of laughter and love. So, she did not show her sadness when she lost he loved once. Instead she decided to help other people.

I’m sad to see some people showing they happy in bad ways. They speak loudly in cinemas and meeting rooms. Some students like to laugh at others when they make mistakes. They get excitement about little things and scream in the class when teacher is present. Maybe they impoilt to their friends.

I think I can show strong emotions to my family because they are close to me. I do not like behaving to excited or agree in front of others who I may not know well. I would show my feeling with my best friend.

To conclude, I disagree with the topic because to me, showing strong emotions led to bad behavior. When I am very sad, I will tell my best friend and she will help me to feel better. It would not be good to let everyone else see my strong feelings.

2 commentaires:

  1. Good job Lin Quiao. I also disagree with the statement because it is not always good to show your exitement. Sometimes, your joy might be someone else's sadness and in that case, you want to keep your joy to yourself.

    Is it only to your best friend that you show your emotions?

    RépondreSupprimer